Website : https://reidsupport.co.uk.
By interacting with this website, and/or contacting me in respect of my services, you consent to the processing of your Personal Data as described in this Privacy Notice which covers the requirements of the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) that came into effect on 25th May 2018:
Table of Contents
- Definitions used in this Policy
- Data protection principles
- Your Rights in connection with the Personal Data I collect
- Exercising your Rights / Who to contact
- The Personal Data I collect
- How I use your Personal Data
- Who has access to your Personal Data?
- How I store & secure your data
- Information about cookies
Personal Data – any information relating to you as a person.
Processing – any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data.
Data Protection Principles
- Our data processing activities have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before processing Personal Data. We will provide you information regarding processing upon request.
- Our processing activities fit the purpose for which Personal Data was gathered.
- We only collect and process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
- We will not store your Personal Data for longer than necessary.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of Personal Data we hold on you.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of the Personal Data we hold on you.
|1. Right to be informed||meaning you have the right to know about the collection and use of your Personal Data; what data is collected, for what purpose, by whom it is Processed and how long it will be retained. If the Personal Data has not been supplied by you then you have the right to know where it was obtained from.|
|2. Right of access||meaning you have the right to request and obtain a copy of the Personal Data and supplementary information collected about you.|
|3. Right to rectification||meaning you have the right to request rectification of your Personal Data should it be inaccurate or incomplete.|
|4. Right to erasure||meaning in certain circumstances you can request for your Personal Data to be erased from our records, also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’.|
|5. Right to restrict processing||meaning you have the right to request the restriction or suppression of your Personal Data processing; this is not an absolute right and only applies in certain circumstances.|
|6. Right to data portability||meaning you can request your Personal Data in a machine-readable format or, if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one data processor to another.|
|7. Right to object||meaning you can object to the processing of your Personal Data for uses such as direct marketing, and we must immediately stop unless we can demonstrate legitimate or legal grounds not to|
|8. Right to withdraw consent||meaning you have the right to withdraw any given consent for the processing of your Personal Data|
|9. Right to lodge a complaint||meaning that in the event that we refuse any request under your Right of access and you are dissatisfied with the way your request has been handled, or if you consider that the processing of your Personal Data infringes the GDPR, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority. In the UK that is the Information Commissioners Office (ICO)|
Exercising Your Rights / Who to Contact
If at any time you would like to know what personally identifiable data has been collected about you, to make any changes to any inaccurate data we hold, withdraw your consent to its use, request the deletion of your personal data, or exercise any other right under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), please just let me know:
If you are dissatisfied with our response to a request to exercise your Rights under the GDPR, you can lodge a complaint with the Supervisory Authority, in the UK this is:
The Information Commissioner’s Office
Water Lane, Wycliffe House
Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF
Tel: 0303 123 1113
Personal Data I collect
Information you voluntarily provide me with
- Should you choose to contact me by email or via a contact form on this website I will collect Personal Data that will include but may not be limited to your name, email address and telephone number – all personally identifiable information that is necessary for responding to you in connection with your enquiry and/or to providing you a service.
- Should you choose to use a virtual support service you will need to provide me with a certain amount of sensitive information; that will be a separate and customised agreement about how such data is used, stored and secured.
Information automatically collected about you
For further details please see the Information about cookies below.
How I use your Personal Data
I use your Personal Data on legitimate grounds and/or with your consent in order to identify and to interact with you in relation to your enquiry
On the grounds of legitimate interest I may process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to administer and analyse my client base in order to improve the quality, variety or availability of services I offer;
- to notify you of any such improvements.
How I won’t use your Personal Data
I hate spam too. I will never bother you with emails, calls, SMS messaging or communicate with you in any other way unless I think it is necessary or in your interests to do so.
I will never sell, share or rent any part of your Personal Data with any third party unless required to do so by law or where in good faith I believe such action is necessary to comply with a legal process.
Who has access to your Personal Data?
I, Sue Reid have access to your Personal Data.
My website hosting provider, of necessity, processes Personal Data on my behalf and will have access to it. That person is a trusted third party processor based here in Dorset, and I am more than confident in the high level of privacy and security afforded to your Personal Data.
How we store & secure your data
Safe protocols are employed for website browsing, encrypted communication and transfer of Personal Data (such as HTTPS and SSL/TLS). In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information collected online.
- The Personal Data entered into contact or enquiry forms on this website is stored with our trusted third party Processor, on a dedicated, secure server within a secure compound at a private state-of-the-art data centre in the UK for a period of up to 3 years.
- For data protection off-site back-up and disaster recovery copies of all data are stored with the R1Soft Server Backup Manager network in Texas, USA. Those back-up copies are regularly deleted & replaced on a rolling basis.
- All routes and devices used to access server-based Personal Data are password-protected.
- If you choose to sign up for any Newsletter or Blog Post updates through this website your Personal Data (your name and email address only) will be stored on a password-protected database in my email marketing account with MailChimp. It is used only to email you about Reid Business Services information and will be erased when you choose to ‘unsubscribe’ to our newsletters (there is that option at the bottom of every communication).
Despite our best efforts we cannot absolutely guarantee the security of our online systems, our server or our online 3rd Party accounts & databases. I do however promise to notify you and the necessary authorities of any data breaches. I will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests.
I reserve the right to make changes to this Privacy Notice from time to time.
It was first published 23rd August 2020.